Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the charger look like?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last couple of days alot has been said and revealed about the Versa and I like the watch very much. Would have liked GPS (still need that phone or old runningwatch) 😉 But a definitive buy anyway.

But more to the point of the topic title:

What does the AC charger of the Versa look like? Does anyone have pictures of it attached to the Versa?

Versa | Charge 2 | Moto G4
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've not seen a picture yet of a versa connected to the charger but the manual has this picture:

versa charger.PNG

Seems like a cross between the Blaze and Charge 2 connectors.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

I've not seen a picture yet of a versa connected to the charger but the manual has this picture:

versa charger.PNG

Seems like a cross between the Blaze and Charge 2 connectors.

Best Answer

I was also wondering about this, I can't seem to find any pictures or info though. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
Well thanks for that, I was very curious. My hands are weak and my Blaze charger is frustrating. Loved the simplicity of the Ionic charger but had to return it (got a dud). Now I'm up in the air, maybe I'll wait until I see the real charger.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a link to the manual? I can't seem to find it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazon has a good picture of it if you search for Fitbit versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have never had a charger like that one. I am sorry it is not like the Ionic one which is great, but glad it is not like the Alta HR (which I really dislike!). Time will tell I guess.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@datalorewrote:

Do you have a link to the manual? I can't seem to find it. 

The main help page for the versa is at: https://help.fitbit.com/?p=versa

On there is a link to the manual, or you can get there directly via: https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_versa_en_US.pdf

Best Answer

It really baffles and bugs me why Fitbit has to come up with so many different charger designs. I’m fed up with the myriad of chargers I have from this company. They must have a team who’s sole purpose is to come up with another weird, wacky and unique design. There is no logic in today’s society where we’re trying to standardise as much as possible to save resources. Even Apple has the same charger across multiple iterations (though yes they do occasionally change). But I’m still using the same puck for my v3 as I had on my v1 Apple Watch.

Best Answer

....and breathe....Man Wink

But I totally agree with you.

Best Answer

Thanks. 

Best Answer
Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

I would doubt it. The Versa charger seems to have 4 charging pins, butbthe Ionic only has three.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Good point. Thanks!

Best Answer

Looks like you can keep the strap on whilst charging though at least?

Best Answer

@sa91wrote:

Looks like you can keep the strap on whilst charging though at least?

Yes that appears to be the case. A major improvement over the Blaze's charging design. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

It really baffles and bugs me why Fitbit has to come up with so many different charger designs. I’m fed up with the myriad of chargers I have from this company. They must have a team who’s sole purpose is to come up with another weird, wacky and unique design. There is no logic in today’s society where we’re trying to standardise as much as possible to save resources. Even Apple has the same charger across multiple iterations (though yes they do occasionally change). But I’m still using the same puck for my v3 as I had on my v1 Apple Watch.

I couldn't agree more. There really is no reason fitbit can't standardize the chargers for their smartwatches. I like the versa and will pick one up, but that charger just looks goofy. They could have used the ionic charger as a template the same way apple charges iphones and ipads with the lightning charger. 

Best Answer

@datalorewrote:

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

I couldn't agree more. There really is no reason fitbit can't standardize the chargers for their smartwatches. I like the versa and will pick one up, but that charger just looks goofy. They could have used the ionic charger as a template the same way apple charges iphones and ipads with the lightning charger. 

Thankfully the 3rd party market usually has some good solutions. I have a nice cradle for my Blaze that doesn't require the pebble/strap to be removed to charge. Also there are some very nice solutions for the Ionic, so I can imagine the same should apply to the Versa.

Obviously this doesn't address the wastefulness of different charging connections, but it at least fixes some of the terrible OEM designs. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

@N8teGee ohh I didn't think of third party chargers.  I do think the charger looks a bit awkward, but I havent used one like that so it may be fine. I'll keep the third party idea in mind if I hate it!

Community Council Member

Best Answer