Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Versa be released with GPS?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit,

I really love the look of the new versa however disappointed to hear it doesn't come with GPS as it as EVERYTHING you could want in a tracker. I have looked at Garmin but where they fall short is not having music available through the watch and the coach feature. Will the versa be launched with GPS?

Thanks! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No @Sangs the Versa wont have inbuilt GPS though it will utilise connected GPS, so as long as you have your phone, you can still track your route. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Have you checked out the ionic? It has the same functions as the versa and has built in GPS.

Best Answer

No @Sangs the Versa wont have inbuilt GPS though it will utilise connected GPS, so as long as you have your phone, you can still track your route. 

Best Answer

Thanks SteveH....yes I had a look at the ionic but don't really like the look at feel it's really bulky and harsh but I really like the versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

don't forget that one of the reasons the versa doesn't look so bulky is that it doesn't have built-in GPS. It seems to be a choice between smaller, cheaper but no GPS or bigger, more expensive and with GPS

Best Answer

On the Versa product spec page under SPECS it lists under "sensors and components", second to last Item GPS??  See below. Implies it has GPS or Fitbit is being misleading?  I was about to pre order it...

GPS spec.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CM222 On the spec page I just looked at for the Versa it shows differently

B299EFD2-8536-41A7-9976-E117FAE7E205.png

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner  how odd... This is what I get and I am using chrome

https://www.fitbit.com/uk/shop/versa

GPS.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks....I was really hoping not to have to take my phone using this watch. Do you know what information about your run it will give if you don't take your phone with you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sangswrote:

Thanks....I was really hoping not to have to take my phone using this watch. Do you know what information about your run it will give if you don't take your phone with you? 

It will track steps, heart rate, calories, duration, distance, pace and average pace. Obviously the distance and pace will be calculated using your steps and stride length. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

The limited edition has the GPS feature, the one that cost $229, not the Original one price at $199 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it has NFC. Not GPS. Your answer is wrong.

Versa | Charge 2 | Moto G4
Best Answer

You are correct. No GPS in the Versa SE. Adding GPS to it would have raised the price well over $30.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes but coming from a girly perspective, the ionic is ugly. If the versa had gps I would buy it today. 

Best Answer

Hi there. Just jumping on your post. Im looking to buy a fitbit versa. Im not intrested in having gps. However, can I still use the 'activites' wihout gps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MeganHafJones wrote:

Hi there. Just jumping on your post. Im looking to buy a fitbit versa. Im not intrested in having gps. However, can I still use the 'activites' wihout gps?

Yes the Versa will track your activities without gps 

Best Answer

Will the 'activity run' still allow me to track my run without gps? Im worried that I will purchase the watch, only to find out I HAVE to take my phone with me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just concerned that if I selected a GPS activity, that I'd have to use the GPS. Are you confirming I can skip setting the GPS and I could still have a record of my tracked run/walk?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa will track your activity but not your route. So HR, steps etc. If you want route / map, you’ll need your phone, as the Versa will use the phone’s gps to track your route, as it doesn’t have its own gps.

just to confirm, you can turn off connected gps in the activity settings (small cog)

Best Answer