Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i switch fitbit devices with an existing account

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I am switching from Charge 2 to the new Versa fitbit and I am wondering how to switch the device without losing all my data and history?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Emma0303

When you set up the new one, tell the app that it is a replacement for the other Fitbit. Your history is kept on the server, under your email address, so it remains the same. Just be sure to sync one last time from the Charge 2 before setting up the Versa.

Congrats on the new FItbit!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

You can keep both of them connected to the same account, but as @Odyssey13 mentioned, you will need to sync the device you are currently using before you switch.  Just go to your Account Settings in the app (or Dashboard if you're using a computer), which looks like a little credit card and is located in the upper right hand side of the screen.  Select "Add New Device" and then "Versa".  From there, follow the prompts and your Versa will be added to your account.  

Now, if you had the Ionic and then got the Versa, you wouldn't be able to use this method.  You would have to set up one as a replacement for the other.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to add the Versa and then continue to use the Charge if you want. Fitbit has multi-tracker support. So you can wear the Versa one day and the Charge the next. 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1715/?q=multiple&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Best Answer
0 Votes