Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The battery of my Versa is lasting less than 2 days

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having alot of issues with my Versa. One of which is battery life of only 27 hours. I was told to charge phone and record syncs, still charge lasted only 27 hours. NOW Support says to charge for at least 2 hours even if watch reads 100%. Hopefully this info is helpful to someone.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and format. 

Best Answer
335 REPLIES 335

Hey @Ynott, it is great to see you around more often! Thanks for sharing the tip that Support told you to try, since 27 hours is very little time for the battery life. The Fitbit Versa battery can last up to 4+ days. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary.

Please consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Make sure you're charging Versa fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to fully charge your watch. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if:
    • You play music or use the music controls frequently
    • You use apps that keep the watch's screen on or frequently access the internet
    • You use an interactive or animated clock face
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Versa when it's not in use. For instructions, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?

Please keep me posted on how the battery of your Versa goes! 😉 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

My battery is only going from 6.30am when I go walking until 3pm when I get home? Shouldn’t it be going for a couple of days? It says on the packet 4+ days battery life

thanks 

Best Answer

Hey @Mitchell123, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Woman Happy That is right, the battery of the Fitbit Versa should last 4+ days, so I'd like you to verify the following information to make the battery of your Versa last longer: 

1. First of all, make sure that you are correctly charging your Fitbit Versa. 

a) Plug the charging cradle into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger

b) Pinch the other end of the charging cradle and place Versa in the cradle. The pins on the charging cradle must align with the gold contacts on the back of the watch. The connection is secure when the percent charged appears on screen.

battery versa.png

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen to check the battery level.

If you are correctly charging your Fitbit Versa, consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

a) Make sure you're charging Versa fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to charge your watch. 
b)Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

- From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
- Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

c) Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
d) If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
e) Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
f) On your watch, press and hold the back button, then swipe to the quick settings screen > Notifications > Off.

- Charge your watch more often if:
1. You play music or use the music controls frequently
2. You use apps that keep the watch's screen on or frequently access the internet
3. You use an interactive or animated clock face

- Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
- If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage.
- Shut down Versa when it's not in use. For instructions, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device?

Give it a try and let me know how it goes. 😉 

Best Answer

Hello Heydy,

Just for your information: I thought I had this exact 'problem' but it turns out it was because I was using the Bluetooth (Classic) option to control music playback on my Android smartphone!

That option eats up battery power like crazy because the Versa remains constantly connected and sending/receiving.

If you forget to turn it off manually when you stop playing music the BT connection still keeps running all the time, rapidly draining the battery.

You can make sure this connection is turned of in two ways.

Permanently: Go to Settings → Bluetooth connection options → Make sure music via BT is set to Off

On-Demand: Go to Music Controls →  Tap the ... icon → Switch Output to Versa instead of Phone.

(Of course the latter could still drain the battery if you have a pair of BT headphones paired to stream music from the Versa.)

Best Answer
Ok thanks I will that a try. Thx for replying

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @MrGlenn, thanks for sharing that tip here in the Community my friend. This is another good suggestion to save the battery of your Fitbit Versa, so please @Mitchell123, give it a try and let me know how it goes. 😉 

Keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer

What's the point of having all of the features if they're all turned off? I bought the versa for the features and use 50+% of my battery life with a stock battery face, all day sync off, and the flick of the wrist feature off. I use another 25% every night just sleeping. I'm beyond disappointed.

Best Answer
Mine has been going good now with all those things turned off. I feel the same I wanted for mainly my steps but I thought how cool to see who is texting etc. I wouldn’t change it but yes I was disappointed too. It’s ashame we have to turn everything off

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

Hey guys, @Mitchell123 and @KellysToo, thanks for trying the tips I posted to save the charge of your Fitbit Versa. I totally understand what you are saying about the battery draining, however, as you may know, the third party apps and certain clock faces are the features that consume more power, so if you are using most of the apps, the battery might not last the 4 days. So, I'd like you try something, please restart your Versa by following the instructions in this post, then fully charge it and make a battery test and see how long is lasting (try not to use all the third party apps) If it lasts less than 48 hours, let me know and I will continue assisting you with this. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer

I ended up retiretur my Fitbit and purchasing another one of the same model. The battery life is AMAZING ... If your battery life isn't last in you might have a faulty versa. I love my versa 😍

Best Answer
Hi
No mine has been going really good. It can last nearly up to 4 days like it says. It’s so much better now and doing what it’s supposed to do thx

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

From this message it seems like one must not the vast majority of the versa functions in order to get more than a partial day of battery life.  Must I really turn off all of the things that make it different from a flex 2 in order for the battery to last more than a few hours?  If so, that seems like a huge waste of money.  I already had a flex 2.  I wanted all of the other perks that came with a watch version.  

Best Answer

I do almost all that..no heart rate, no music, keep screen off to and recently after the update only getting 2 days. Just took it off the charger Monday morning and just got a message it is at 13 % Same problem I with my blaze was getting 5 days out of it down to two after an update. 

Best Answer
Hi not sure what has happened but mine is really good these days. I don’t seem to lose battery

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer

I have tried all of these tips and use almost nothing except the basic steps miles calories and minutes on my versa and it barely lasts 2 days  what should it say when its done charging

Best Answer

I changed my wallpaper on mine and it is back to normal

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, suddenly in the last two days, my watch has gone from consuming about 20% of its battery per day to barely lasting eight hours!! I have changed nothing in that time..unless there was a surreptitious change in the watches software / firmware.  Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer

HA! Turn OFF all of the **ahem**ed features that you need and the battery will not die? Mine goes back to the dealer tomorrow! I can just get a $15 Timex with those features.

Give me a break. My last Fitbit would last for about a week. I always charge 100% every night and yes - I do not how to put the watch on the charger.

FESS UP! You guys have another big problem on your hands!

Best Answer

I just started having the same problem! Suddenly it only held a charge for 10 hours, then 8, now 3. I have fully charged my versa in the last 24 hours and it is dead again. I have contacted customer support for diagnostics. 

Best Answer