Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API long term stability?

ANSWERED

I'm writing code to gather data for multi-year medical studies of mobility and health.

For budgeting purposes, what is the expected stability of the API over the next few years? We are simply getting intraday data values for types such as heart rate, step count - nothing complex.

I'm new to Fitbit and have finished a working version (including OAuth2 methods) in python. I am tempted to say expected software maintenance is almost zero because the core API methods we are using should not change.

What has been the experience of developers?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cdfjell: Fitbit announces breaking changes with at least 30 days notice and often with 60 or 90 days. You can search this forum for a history of them.

Endpoints that relate to Fitbit product experiences (as opposed to device data) are more likely to change as the Fitbit product itself changes. The intraday time series endpoints are unlikely to change.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @cdfjell: Fitbit announces breaking changes with at least 30 days notice and often with 60 or 90 days. You can search this forum for a history of them.

Endpoints that relate to Fitbit product experiences (as opposed to device data) are more likely to change as the Fitbit product itself changes. The intraday time series endpoints are unlikely to change.

Best Answer