Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Revoked vs Access token reauthentication

ANSWERED

A few months ago fitbit changed access tokens to be regenerated when the user reauthenticates with an api consumer [1].  I have a fairly large amount of users that have access tokens that are no longer valid, but, with this change, I can no longer conclusively say that the user revoked access.  The error message is the same for access revoke and reauth because the access token is no longer valid in either case.

I am relatively certain that we are not asking users to reauthenticate, but would like confirmation that the invalid access tokens came from the user revoking access to our application instead of a workflow that i do not know about.

Is there any way to determine if an access token was revoked or if it was an app reauthenticate? 

[1] https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API/Do-OAuth-1-0a-user-access-tokens-expire/m-p/324364

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sorry there is no way to tell if the access token was revoked or if it was re-issued due to an app re-authenticating.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry there is no way to tell if the access token was revoked or if it was re-issued due to an app re-authenticating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! How can i find out that user revoked the access for my app? Is there any notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@_S_Iryna_ wrote:

Hi! How can i find out that user revoked the access for my app? Is there any notifications?

There are no notifications when an user revokes access to your app.

Best Answer