Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to an intra-day heart rate data API

ANSWERED

Hi

We would like to gain access to an intra-day heart rate data API and we are happy to provide a full explanation of why we need it and how it will be used. However, this information is commercially sensitive and we are not happy with posting it on a open forum. Can you please provide a contact so we can correspond directly.

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To request intra-day access for others, try using the form here (click 'form here'). I got a quick response and my app was approved after answering a few questions.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4
Hi! I'm a university student who is doing my graduation project. And I am now trying to extract data features from my own intra-day data. But I find out that my own data is far from enough for the computer to find the data's pattern. I've searched in Google trying to find some wearable device's databases that are similar to the FERET database in facial recognition area. But found nothing. So I'm looking for community in which people share their own anonymous intra-day (or raw data) with each others that can be used in scientific research. I find that you might met the same problem as mine. Would you mind to tell me how you will solve the problem? P.S.: I'm trying my best to express my problem as a non-native English speaker. If there is something unclear, I will try my best to explain it again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdamDownload Fitbit does offer access to heart rate intra data according to https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/basics/#personal  "Personal" applications authenticate using either the Authorization Code Grant Flow or the Implicit Grant Flow, and also have access to the intraday time series data (such as Heart Rate or Activity) of the owner of the app only. However, if you need data for someone else's data then you have to email api@fitbit.com. Good luck with getting a response I have been sent 3 emails without any response "Economies of scale" 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To request intra-day access for others, try using the form here (click 'form here'). I got a quick response and my app was approved after answering a few questions.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
Hi

Thanks, I'll try the form

Regards

Adam

Adam Beard

Managing Partner

07775 628042

Download Learning Ltd, Marjoribanks House, Quartermile Road, Godalming,
Surrey, GU7 1TJ