Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Calories Timeout

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is the active calories time series request so much slower to return than all the others?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have forwarded this issue to the appropriate Fitbit engineering team. While we will address the issue, this is not a common use case and other issues currently have much higher prioritization.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@syncsolver wrote:

Why is the active calories time series request so much slower to return than all the others?

Could you please provide the exact endpoint you are calling?

Best Answer
0 Votes

activities/activityCalories from https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/API-Get-Time-Series

All the other end points, such as activities/calories return much faster. Note: this is especially evident when the account has more than a year of history, and the period is set to max. I have also noticed that if it times out (taking longer than 30 seconds), and then I call it again immediately, the second call responds somewhat faster (for instance, maybe 15-20 seconds).

Best Answer

Any update on this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello?

Best Answer

Is anyone ever going to look into this bug? It seems to be getting worse and worse.

Best Answer

Thank you for reporting the issue. I have forwarded this issue to the appropriate Fitbit engineering team. While we will address the issue, this is not a common use case and other issues currently have much higher prioritization.

Best Answer

@syncsolver : Please email api@fitbit.com with an example date range and user id where you were experiencing this problem. We'd like to benchmark a change that we're working on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

We've released a few performance optimizations on this endpoint. Thank you for the feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This issue is still happening with Sync Solver.
10,000 Steps Per Day
Best Answer

Yea, I just downloaded Sync Solver. All of my Fitbit data sync with Health app, minus my active calories. It's frustrating!

Best Answer

@kaddison This thread/forum is about using the Fitbit Web API. If you have an issue with Sync Solver, you would need to contact them.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer