Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App question

I'll try to write it myself if no one else will.

What language are Fitbit apps written in and is there an interface such as Apple's Xcode? Thanks.

This is the App:

A man has a heart attack and his heart stops. A woman is in a fatal car crash.

These two people had two things in common. Both lived alone.

The man had two dogs and a cat presently at home alone and the woman was a single mom with a three year old child being watched by the teen aged baby sitter at the time of the accident.

They had something else in common. They were both wearing smart watches. The kind that monitor a person’s pulse during everyday activities as well as exercise.

The woman’s watch had one app which ran all the time, unless she paused it to shower or otherwise remove her watch. The app was called ‘NOTIFY’. The way it worked was simple; if it stopped detecting a pulse from the wearer’s wrist, it would send a signal to the nearby smart phone it was paired with. The smart phone would then run the portion of the NOTIFY app that resided on the smart phone and both Text and Email the people the woman had earlier specified to be notified should her pulse stop. Her sister was notified and she tried calling but no one answered. She called the home and got the baby sitter. Sad event that could’ve been sadder had the sister not been notified.

The man wasn’t using the app. His pets eventually starved.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

What language are Fitbit apps written in and is there an interface such as Apple's Xcode? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this doable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think there's any such thing as a 'fitbit app'. Users can't install software onto the devices (other than the official firmware).

You can, however, access the data (sooner or later) via the fitbit web site API.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
Thanks. Too bad, I'll focus on the Apple watch. I was looking for a solution more accessible (affordable) to more people.
Best Answer
0 Votes