Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARGE 5 DATA VARIABLES

Hello, we are having research in Korea through FITBIT data. 

After downloading the FITBIT charge 5 watch data, I checked the API web, but I couldn't find the explanation of some variables.

1. Where can I find the explanation for the 13 variables below?

1)OutOfRangeHeartRateMinutesact/ 2)FatBurnHeartRateMinutesact/ 3)CardioHeartRateMinutesact/ 4)PeakHeartRateMinutesact/ 5)OutOfRangeHeartRateMinutesheart/ 6)FatBurnHeartRateMinutesheart/ 7)CardioHeartRateMinutesheart/ 8)PeakHeartRateMinutesheart/ 9)sync/ 10)first_inbed/ 11)outbed/ 12)first_sleep/ 13)wakeup

2. Is there any difference between the following variables(Rmssd vs deepRmssd)? Where can I find a detailed explanation?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Jisoo and welcome to the Community.  I moved your post to the Web API forum.  I hope that one of the developers can help you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @Jisoo 

Let's see if I can answer those questions for you.

1. Where did you get these names?  They don't match up to the elements we return through the API.   Some of them I can relate these items to what we do return.

2. We return 3 rmssd values

• Get HRV Summary returns
    • dailyRmssd - the short-term variability in the user's the user's daily heart rate
    • deepRmssd - the short-term variablility in the user's heart rate while in deep sleep
  • Get HRV Intraday returns
    • rmssd - the short-term variability in the user's heart rate at a specific time

Hope this helps

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer