Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Dev Capability

hi, i wanted to ask around and get to know whether it's possible to use my Charge 2 wristband as a remote pulse sensor.

To be precise, i have a separate little project which needs to get my pulse data from my Charge 2.

This project (an ESP8266 WiFi Devboard) is able to connect to my smartphone's Wifi and get its data there. What I am hoping is, that i can use the Web API to create an app which pulls this data through my phone connection through an internet request (within the phones wifi hotspot) to the ESP8266.

The Charge 2 has no fitbit OS, but I am reading everywhere that i can just use the web API instead. But i dont know what that is supposed to mean 😕

Is this project possible at all?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Peterssen and welcome to the Community.  I'm moving your post to one of the developer forums.  I hope you get an answer.  The forum has a search feature.  You might find an answer on your own.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's possible but not easy, and the data wouldn't be real-time (it would only be updated whenever the watch syncs, which is usually every 15-20 minutes).

Info on the Web API is here.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer