Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChargeHR Heart Rate Data Export?

ANSWERED

I'm currently working on my bachelor thesis as physical therapist at the MedicalSchool Hamburg, Germany. I'm working on my Bachelorthesis which is supposed to be: 
"A comparative study: Validity of Heart Rate Data measured by optoelectronic sensors and dermal electrodes."

I just bought a fitbit chargeHR and figured out i have a massive problem getting the heart rate data out of those files. After a workout i can download a *tcx file wich - using the ChargeHR - does not contain any GPS data (which is not my problem) but when i try to read the file to get my heart rate data it won't open probably and if i get it to open somehow it's usually empty or it only contains some text etc. without any heart rate data. At this point i can already see the data i need on the Dashboard as a graph showing which heart rate was measured in different times.

Do you know if there is ANY way to extract the heart rate data from fitbit in following (or simillar) style? maybe as *csv or even *xls since i have to analyse it using SPSS or Excel?

00:01:00

00:01:01

00:01:02

00:01:03

00:01:04

00:01:05

00:01:06

00:01:07

00:01:08

00:01:09

00:01:10

00:01:11

00:01:12

00:01:13

00:01:14

00:01:15

00:01:16

00:01:17

00:01:18

00:01:19

00:01:20

00:01:21

00:01:22

The way i write to you you might have figured out i'm not a native speaker, but I would really appreshiate if you could answer me! 

with kind regards,

Felix Staack

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

On the Surge select Run, now swipe screen to Treadmill Run. Now select and start the treadmill run. GPS will be off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
We're talking about the Charge HR here.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok i said Surge because that is what im using, the API takes the data from your account, not your tracker so it still gets your HR

Best Answer
0 Votes

After reading the posts about exporting heart rate data from the Fitbit Charge HR, I am even more confused than ever about how to get a simple spreadsheet showing time of day and actual heart rate data points.   I ama senior citizen, not a programmer, so I did not grow up on this stuff.

On the dashboard I get the daily graph, which is close, but would like to get it to show (on a spread sheet) the actual heart rate - with or without the graph, or make the graph with a higher resolution,   Instead of just 3 (50-100 -150) line threshholds.   Is any of this possible in a simple to understand and implement fashion?   Thanks.

Best Answer

The heart rate should be downloadable as we paid more for our fitbit to specifically have HR data.  My husband has A-Fib and I got this model for him so he could share data with his dr.

--------------------------------------------------
Hebba from Massachusetts
Start Weight: 224 lbs Last Weight:213.5 lbs Total Loss: 10.5 lbs (as 12/9/2015)
Best Answer

This thread is about the Api, which does give you access to the heart rate. There even is two githubs on this subject, both will show how to dump the HR into a google sheet.

Here and here, there also is a feature request asking to add this feature to the main web interface.

Best Answer

I also do same project I'd like to cooperate with you.

Best Answer

Hi @chw333, sounds great. Please feel free to send me a PM. It's always nice to have somone to work together.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

See this thread - I am close to working this up in a much more automated fashion but need help on the single piece of the oAuth2 initial token request.

I can already chart a per-second whole 24 hrs as shown in this thread.  Any help on my pending question would be fantastic!

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API/Google-apps-script-for-minute-by-minute-data-stopped-working...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm at about 90%.  Just polishing and will then add more to framework as I did with my PSTwitter framework.  So, in my testing I can loop through day after day and pull each day with a single command to get all of this in a full xls Excel file.  It even automatically creates the chart as shown!

https://twitter.com/collinchaffin/status/704538604668899328

Best Answer
0 Votes

Way to go Collin 🙂

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished tool.

Thanks for sharing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

o how do you do it?  I also want this data in Excel

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am pleased to announce that my Windows Powershell based module is now available that retrieves daily per-second heartrate data and automatically produces a fully formatted daily Excel report with additional minimum/maximum/average and detailed chart visualization!

Read more here and I welcome your feedback and support and please remember to follow me on Twitter for updates!

https://twitter.com/collinchaffin/status/709090629599436800

Best Answer

I bought 20 Fitbits as part of a reseach protocol. I can export all the data except the heart rate. Even if the heartrate data is not accurate (Is it??) I still need to be able to download it. Why is this data not made avaialble should I return my devices or is there a plan to make this feature avaialble. It is suspicious by its absence ???

Best Answer
You can download the heart rate by yourself. Check this out: http://shishu.info/2016/06/how-to-download-your-fitbit-second-level-data-without-coding/

I looked at my data and I suspect that those heart rate data have been 'processed' somehow. But I am not sure.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

If these 20 fitbits are for different people i beleive tou will need to be granted access to the second API. See  https://dev.fitbit.com

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. They must use different accounts to sing-in/manage app/download data. But I assume that is something doable since that is a organized research project.
It is possible to work with Fitbit to get all these data, but it requires some sort of applications and approval.
Best Answer
0 Votes