Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification of get activity intraday by interval

ANSWERED

Hello, everyone,

At the moment I am using this api:
https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/intraday/get-activity-intraday-by-interval
I am not experiencing any technical errors whatsoever, just different values in my app than in the fitbit app. In the response json, to retrieve the steps I am using the "value" inside  "activities-steps" assuming that this contains the sum of the "dataset" values inside  "activities-steps-intraday".

The documentation of which:

activities-<resource> : valueThe specified resource's daily total.

And I thought it was the total for the day relating only to the requested time interval, but given the inconsistency of the data, I am beginning to think that this value relates to the whole day, and not just the specific time interval requested.

Are you aware of this information? Should I instead add up all the "values" contained in the various "datasets" to get the precise figure?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kirus 

It appears the activities-resource : value is the number of steps during the time period specified.  It is not the total steps taken during the day.  I will update the documentation to reduce any confusion.

Thanks!

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Kirus 

It appears the activities-resource : value is the number of steps during the time period specified.  It is not the total steps taken during the day.  I will update the documentation to reduce any confusion.

Thanks!

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer