Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Tracker

ANSWERED

Hello,

It's really nice that I can add custom tracker manually.

But is there any api available to add new custom tracker and add data for the same custom tracker

or just the data once I create a custom tracker?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hi shahjigar,

There is no API for creating custom trackers or custom tracker data at this time.

Out of curiosity, what type of custom trackers are you interested in making and using?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shahjigar wrote:
Can I directly connect the fitbit device to my server, Means the data which I want to store is directly sent to my server in stead of fitbit.

No, you cannot access data on the Fitbit tracker directly. You must use the Fitbit web API to access data captured by a Fitbit tracker.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Not sure that I understand what you mean.

Can you please provide the API URL that you use to create a custom tracker?

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi shahjigar,

There is no API for creating custom trackers or custom tracker data at this time.

Out of curiosity, what type of custom trackers are you interested in making and using?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello JeremiahFitbit,

I am having some measures for that I would create custom tracker.

One of them is Body Temperature.

One another question is there in my mind.

Right now the scenario is, I can get the data from fitbit api.

Can I directly connect the fitbit device to my server, Means the data which I want to store is directly sent to my server in stead of fitbit.

Thank You.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can use https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/Fitbit+Subscriptions+API for that purposes.

Every time your tracker synces to Fitbit notification will be sent to you telling that something got updated.

After getting notification you'll have to make API request to Fitbit to figure out what exactly had been updated.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

@shahjigar wrote:

No, you cannot access data on the Fitbit tracker directly. You must use the Fitbit web API to access data captured by a Fitbit tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd be really interested in this also. My personal want is to make an iOS app that I can press a button to add a cigarette (with a timestamp) to the custom tracker I have, it's totally worthless having to log in to the website to log a smoke.

I'd like to focus it on that, but I'd also just generally like to have it as a "Tap to add" app for any custom trackers that focus on quantity. Esentially because custom trackers don't appear in the Fitbit iOS app.

Best Answer

@FluffyJack wrote:

I'd be really interested in this also. My personal want is to make an iOS app that I can press a button to add a cigarette (with a timestamp) to the custom tracker I have, it's totally worthless having to log in to the website to log a smoke.

I'd like to focus it on that, but I'd also just generally like to have it as a "Tap to add" app for any custom trackers that focus on quantity. Esentially because custom trackers don't appear in the Fitbit iOS app.

This is similar to an idea that I've had for a long time. I wish I could use some combination of button presses, holding, tapping, or even gestures to log a cigarette, a coffee, a beer, etc.

Best Answer

After 2-1/2 years I am still not sure what the benefit is for the custom tracker.  I was trying to use it for gym workout routines but they require additional data field information.  I've had to resort to a phone app "Simple Workout Log"   This allows entry of weight, reps, date, time and notes for weights and distance etc for cardio exercises.

I like the idea of when in the gym you can log this information on to your phone app.  Any plans or ideas for future website/app development from fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking to build two new custom trackers. One for alcohol consumption which would be almost identical to the water tracker and a mood tracker. Is there a way for me to build these as tiles and mobile app trackers?

Thank you

~Ed Northby

Best Answer
0 Votes