Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency medical info

ANSWERED

I would love an app which can be opened in the unfortunate case of a medical emergency. Displaying info such as name, allergies, medications, conditions, emergency contact, hear rate, etc. I'm trying to work on it, but don't have much time available. If anyone else would be interesting please let me know.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GnSA - Use these instructions to enter your data

1. Go into the Fitbit app on your phone
  2. Tap on the watch at the top of the screen. This will take you into a screen were you can see clock faces and apps.
  3. Tap the apps button.
  4. At the top of the screen tap my apps.
  5. Scroll to and tap the gear icon next to the MED ID app
  6. In the current version, you should see a section for Medical Conditions, a section for Medications and a third section for Other items.  You can enter it into any one of these, but normally allergies would fall under medical conditions or other. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18
iOS has this built in.

You can update your settings in the health app.

I'd imagine android has something similar.

The biggest problem i see you having is that no app can be loaded without a users finger print or passcode so you wouldnt be able to display info?

Thats why they have native apps to do it.
See advanced Fitbit statistics and leaderboards at - https://bitstats.net
Best Answer
0 Votes

My thoughts were to have it as an app for the Fitbit Ionic. That way if one were out for a run or something without their phone, it would still be accessible on the watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This would be quite easy to do. I don't think most emergency services people would think to explore the apps on someone's watch for that sort of info, but that may change over time.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this same thought.  This should be simple to implement. You setup your info online & present an ICE (in case of emergency) icon on watch. I can't see how anyone could argue against this optional feature!  I have an ICE app on my phone. And no I don't carry a phone when running. That's why I purchased Ionic with GPS. Currently I have a laminated tag attached to my shoe strings with emergency information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fitbit versa, and just discovered the app called Med ID, I changed my watch face to include it on the watchface.  It provides emergency contact info, and a short list of conditions and allergies.  I would like to know if how would someone know to look at my watch for this info   This past few years I've had almost 20 surgeries and hospitalizations, and a number of those times I was found wandering the street not knowing who I was  or just plain unconscious. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which clock face lets you put the app on it?

Best Answer

Stats 101 with MED ID. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app is designed to trigger based off of heart rate.  In situations such as yours the hope is that a responder would see the symbol on the watch face and tap into it. Unfortunately there is not a good way to determine an emergency when vitals could be normal.  

Best Answer

I'm really technically challenged.  However, I figured out to use Fitbit pay! Priorities.  Can you walk me through where to find this Stats 101 with MED ID and how to load onto my Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@FtMyers - Sure - 

1. Go into your Fitbit app on your phone.
  2. At the top of your screen, tap on the picture of your watch.
  3. Then tap on "Clock Faces".
  4. There will be a slider at the top of the screen that says "My Clock" and "All Clocks". Tap on All Clocks.
  5. Find the "Stats Heavy" section of clock faces and then tap on "View All".
  6. Scroll through the clock faces and tap on Stats 101 with Med ID.
  7. Then tap on the Select Button.
  8. Once installed you should see the option to go into Settings for the clock face and set your MED ID options.

NOTE: After you enter your information, if for some reason does not display, swipe up on your watch face to enter your Today screen and then push the button on the left of the watch to exit it. 

Disclaimer: I am the developer of this clock face/app. I am aware of the word wrapping issue and will be releasing a fix soon which will fix it.

Best Answer

I don't see any settings for the clock face anywhere. I love this idea, especially if I can put in medical allergies! But it would be great to know how to get to the settings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

nevermind, I found it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Developer,

I want you to know I love your clock face / med alert application. Thanks so much for your efforts!

Best Answer

How do you get it in your fit bit? I have an ionic and have the medical I'd tag but cant figure out how to add stuff like allergies 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put that info in the free-form entry section labeled: Medical Information.  You can't type a novel but I was able to add medications & allergies.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GnSA - Use these instructions to enter your data

1. Go into the Fitbit app on your phone
  2. Tap on the watch at the top of the screen. This will take you into a screen were you can see clock faces and apps.
  3. Tap the apps button.
  4. At the top of the screen tap my apps.
  5. Scroll to and tap the gear icon next to the MED ID app
  6. In the current version, you should see a section for Medical Conditions, a section for Medications and a third section for Other items.  You can enter it into any one of these, but normally allergies would fall under medical conditions or other. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't find a.clock?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes