Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Sleep Stats for Research

ANSWERED

Hello,

I am taking part in an academic study regarding sleep patterns and their affect on the brain. As part of the study, we're trying to collect accurate data of the sleep/nap quality and quantity of different patients.

Currently we have only one FitBit Flex device, and we're using it on a handful of patients. If we could determine how accurate is the Sleep Log (aspecially for ~60min naps), we'll use more devices to track all of our patients.

But to determine this I need to export the Sleep Data with minute-accuracy, which doesn't seem to be possible for personal (non-developer) users. how can this be done?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There are a few free third-party applications that would let you get access to more detailed info (although I don't know about sleep specificially). Check out this thread and this thread (especially squashplayer's web site, which is probably the most mature and elegant).

I've also developed a web site that could get you access to your data, but I haven't implemented the sleep side of things yet.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I have published literature (Journal of Affective Disorders) evaluating the Fitbit Flex against PSG in Major Depression Disorder.  In order to compare epochs, I needed to utilize Fitabase - a separate company that charges for the exportation of minute-by-minute staging information.  Although they did provide a great service, there is a cost attached.  At this point, I have not found a cost-free alternative, but am hopeful to develop an API for this specific issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a few free third-party applications that would let you get access to more detailed info (although I don't know about sleep specificially). Check out this thread and this thread (especially squashplayer's web site, which is probably the most mature and elegant).

I've also developed a web site that could get you access to your data, but I haven't implemented the sleep side of things yet.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer