Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Fitbit API] Error 1010 - Access denied

ANSWERED

Hi all,

we use the fitbit API with our portal for a long time now. Since today we receive the following error and the sync for our users does not work anymore:

Error 1010 Ray ID: 2143072f02d826ea • 2015-08-11 09:49:00 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

The owner of this website (www.fitbit.com) has banned your access based on your browser's signature (2143072f02d826ea-ua21).

CloudFlare Ray ID: 2143072f02d826ea • Your IP: xxx.xx.xx.xx • Performance & security by CloudFlare

During the same time we experienced related errors when visiting the Dev-page of fitbit (see screenshot).

Bildschirmfoto 2015-08-11 um 14.07.20.png

Can anybody help me with that issue?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

For dev.fitbit.com, can you please try again now? We believe the issue should be resolved now. Thanks

Could you elaborate more on the sync issues you are having for your users?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure the exact issue you may be running into but verify that you are using the api.fitbit.com domain for these endpoints and not www.fitbit.com

/oauth/request_token

/oauth/access_token

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

For dev.fitbit.com, can you please try again now? We believe the issue should be resolved now. Thanks

Could you elaborate more on the sync issues you are having for your users?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.

Currenly the sync of our exisiting users works fine again.

One problem still exitsts: New users can not couple theit account with the fitbit account. Our developers will investigate tomorrow morning and I will post the result here.

Thanks and regards

Andi

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure the exact issue you may be running into but verify that you are using the api.fitbit.com domain for these endpoints and not www.fitbit.com

/oauth/request_token

/oauth/access_token

Best Answer

We used the endpoints as described in the mail we received at May 20th this year (from api@fitbit.com) and those differ from the once you described in the last post. We did not receive any information about changes.

Anyway - everything works fine now.

Thanks a lot for your quick support!

Kind regards

Andi

Best Answer
0 Votes

This actually hasn't changed. Here is the email from May 20th:

I noticed that your application is not using the correct OAuth 1.0a authorization URL.

When you redirect people to request permission to access their data, you should use https://www.fitbit.com/oauth/authorize . Your app currently is sending people to https://api.fitbit.com/oauth/authorize .

Best Answer
0 Votes