Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Google Authentication not redirecting back to the mobile app

Hi,

We had developed an Android mobile app and user can use Fitbit account to authenticate.
The problem is that I open Fitbit auth page in Custom Tabs and when user should be redirected back to my app, it gets stuck at the redirection page, displaying a white blank page with loader.

The problem only occurs with the Google auth. username/password of Fitbit account work great, user gets redirected successfully back to the app. Which means that it is something with the google auth.

I would really appreciate some feedback or a solution.
Thank you.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @snehaBabycha 

Are you able to private message me your authorization URL so I can try to reproduce the problem?

Thanks!

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, other than sharing the authorization url, do we have any other alternate method for check the issue.

One strange behaviour that we find is for some users its working correctly and for some 

1. After login with google

2. Redirect to login transfer screen

3. When open that url in chrome, its getting redirected back to app

4. But not through chrome custom tab. 

For some users, its working correctly.

Thanks,

Sneha

Best Answer
0 Votes

A reproducible is usually the best option to resolving this issues.   Do you have concerns with sending me your authorization URL through a private message?   If so, you can also send it to our support team at https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/help/.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Below is our authorization url : 

<deleted authorization URL>

I would really appreciate some feedback or a solution.
Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Gordon,

Any clue on the issue, because we notice its happening only for some device, if we have two google accounts, and when we try to remove the account from device and login with google again its working correctly.

For the first time its working correctly, next time onwards, it getting stucked in "Login Transfer" page. Strange thing is its happening only on few devices/say it as on some google accounts only.

Is it related to any phone settings or chrome/device version ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GordonFitbit  Hi,

As an update its working in my device now , one change i had done is for "prompt" uri_parameter earlier we had added only "login" as parameter, but when i added "login consent" its working perfectly on my phone.

And when we go through the docs , i had found that with "login" only "to require the user to sign in, but request consent according to the default behavior." So can u confirm once if the issue was related to any default settings/permissions i had given for browser/device .? Because for some users it was working perfectly.

Thanks in advance.!

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, @snehaBabycha .   I'll check with the engineering team about the prompt uri_parameter.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer

Thanks Gordon,

please do confirm back , so that we can close the issue with fix

Best Answer
0 Votes