Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit login issue in iOS

I have registered an app with OAuth 2.0 client for fetching step count. If I login with the account I registered it will works perfectly but if I try to login with another fitbit account it is not working.Fitbit login page shows up after successful login  it goes to a different page rather than the callback.I have attached the link of screenshot of that page https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/pegeon-ios-app-user/WhatsApp+Image+2019-03-25+at+8.34.11+PM.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @arunjpulari. If I understand you correctly, you do not have a Fitbit device. You are trying to log in with a third party app. Is this correct? I cannot help you with this but googling “OAuth 2.0 client, Fitbit,” there were many results. Perhaps you can try that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @arunjpulari,

Let me see if I understand your problem correctly.   You have a dev.fitbit.com account login ID that is the same as your Fitbit.com account.  During the authorization process, if you use your Fitbit ID you can successfully see your data in your application.  Using another Fitbit ID, you cannot authorize the user to your application.   Is that correct?

In your application configuration settings in dev.fitbit.com, did you set the application type to client or server?   It will need to be one of these two to retrieve another Fitbit user's data.

What language or platform is your application (e.g. iOS, Android, Java, etc)?

At what point in your code does the error message occur?

What is the callback or redirect URI your application is using?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer