Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get activity via API subscription

ANSWERED

Hi, thanks for reading. I'd like to grab user workout data (e.g. 2 hour bike ride activity that they recorded). I've set up a subscription (seems that's my webhook) but in reading   https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/

I can't see how extract the specific activity.

I'd like to get HeartRate, GPS, Speed and distance for the activity from Start to Stop.

Hard to find the answer in the forums as there's so much in there.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @formfinder 

You will need to execute a couple of endpoints to get the information you're requesting.

1. Get Activity TCX endpoint will give you the heart rate, GPS coordinates, speed, and distance for a recorded activity.  Keep in mind, the user will need to consent to share activity, heart rate and location scopes; and the device needs to support this functionality too.

2. To determine which activity log to query for the Get Activity TCX file, you should be able to use the Get Activity Log List endpoint.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @formfinder 

You will need to execute a couple of endpoints to get the information you're requesting.

1. Get Activity TCX endpoint will give you the heart rate, GPS coordinates, speed, and distance for a recorded activity.  Keep in mind, the user will need to consent to share activity, heart rate and location scopes; and the device needs to support this functionality too.

2. To determine which activity log to query for the Get Activity TCX file, you should be able to use the Get Activity Log List endpoint.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes