Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get complete weight fat history

Hi,

I'm the developer of Libra, a weight manager app for Android with about 3 million downloads.

I've had integration with Withings scales for a long time and I've been pretty happy with it, as have been my users.

I would love to extend that integration to Fitbit since it's one of my most requested features, but when I tried it a few years ago I was blocked by the fact that it's essentially impossible to get a complete weight history from your service.

To be clear, my app makes statistical analysis based on the entire user's history, including the calculation of a trend line which is dependent on all previous values.

My requirements for this is that I'm able to make a one-time download of the entire user's history to seed the local database, and then keep it updated using the notifications and weight APIs.

From what I've seen, the time series API seems to return some sort of interpolated data, which I can't use since my app depends on having the actual raw numbers.

The weight API seems to return the correct data, but it's limited to a maximum of one month's worth per request. Obviously for users with long histories, retrieving the entire database would quickly run afoul of the request limits and for good reason - it's not something I'd like to do anyway.

So I'd like to ask if there are any plans to implement such a feature, or to allow for longer timespans in the Weight API requests.

I'd also be happy with a way to download a json, xml or even csv file using a different endpoint, as long as the process can be automated following user authentication.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Any updates on this?

My Withings/Nokia scale updates daily to the Libra app which is brilliantly simple.

I'd love these details to be auto updated into my Fitbit app too.

Surge/Charge4/Zwift/Pixel3
Best Answer
0 Votes