Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate IntraDay Time Series corrupted data

Hi,

I have examined data from several Fitbit users (with consent) and asked them to export their Fitbit data (through Fitbit's option to export all your data in a zip file. To my surprise, I found that many people have corrupted Intraday heart rate time series, where the heart rate is a constant value, for many consecutive samples ,as you can see in the image. Is there an explanation for this? When do these corrupted values occur, is it because the device is not worn properly? Please advise, thanks.Intraday Time Series fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Here is the image I'm trying to show:

https://ibb.co/yRr7ZxS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure this isn't just 'rounding'? Values are only integers.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, values are only integers and that is exactly what Fitbit offers in their data export. An example of the format of their daily json file:

Please, can someone from Fitbit advise?

{
  "dateTime" : "08/30/18 10:28:34",
  "value" : {
    "bpm" : 87,
    "confidence" : 0
  }
},{
  "dateTime" : "08/30/18 10:28:39",
    "bpm" : 78,
    "confidence" : 0
  }
},{
  "dateTime" : "08/30/18 10:28:44",
    "bpm" : 78,
    "confidence" : 2
  }
}

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CookieFactory 

Just so I understand the problem you're describing, are you saying the heart rate between several users is exactly the same?   If so, would you please private message me a few of the user ids from your graph that demonstrate they have the same heart rate values, and confirm the date that you're looking at?  I understand that you're having the users export their data instead of pulling the data through the Web APIs.   I can check if the data through the Web APIs is consistent with across the users.   

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes