Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know what Sleep Logs have been modified?

ANSWERED

I have been looking at sleep log data and trying to discern whether it has been modified since it's original creation date. Unfortunately, it does not appear that the standard API calls support this information. So my question is... 

How can I tell if the sleep log entry I am looking at has been modified from the original data?

I know that from my own testing in the App that if you modify data a pop-up will give you a warning. How can I tell what days I edited or manually entered?

Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @truenorth1 

The sleep log data through the Web APIs does not display the created and/or modified date.  I can create an enhancement to add this information.   If you implement the subscription API in your application, you will receive a webhook notification when the user adds a new sleep log for a specific date, and you'll receive another notification when the data has been updated or deleted.   Tracking the webhook notifications could be a way to track when the data has been updated or modified.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Response from the support team:

It's not possible to see any sleep history change on the Fitbit app. If a change is made, is not possible to undo it or see the previous information history.

You can download your sleep data history and use it as a back up to compare any further changes. For more information, see: How do I export my Fitbit account data?

This seems like a pretty big oversight. How can someone ensure the integrity of data when basic metadata like modified/created times are not available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @truenorth1 

The sleep log data through the Web APIs does not display the created and/or modified date.  I can create an enhancement to add this information.   If you implement the subscription API in your application, you will receive a webhook notification when the user adds a new sleep log for a specific date, and you'll receive another notification when the data has been updated or deleted.   Tracking the webhook notifications could be a way to track when the data has been updated or modified.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer

@GordonFitbitan enhancement would to include those two field would be great! Is it possible to track enhancements as a community user?

Thanks for the information on the web-hooks. This could help solve the issue for new data, however I would still like to be able to track changed historical data as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@truenorth1 We don't have a way for the community to track enhancements.   Everytime we create a ticket, we add the community thread to the ticket so we can update the thread when the ticket has been resolved.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer