Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I register an app if I don't have a website?

ANSWERED

I am truly wanting to work with the fitbit api to allow access to my fitbit. I am a college student and inorder to register for an api I need to have an application website. I don't have one I was wondering how can a college student get the api for android?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The website and organization fields on the app registration page are used so that people authorizing your app know who you are. This information is shown on the OAuth authorization screen. If you don't have a website, use your Fitbit profile URL. It looks like this: https://www.fitbit.com/user/26FWFL and can be found by clicking on your profile photo in the upper right of the Fitbit web app.

If you don't have an organization, use your name.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

The website and organization fields on the app registration page are used so that people authorizing your app know who you are. This information is shown on the OAuth authorization screen. If you don't have a website, use your Fitbit profile URL. It looks like this: https://www.fitbit.com/user/26FWFL and can be found by clicking on your profile photo in the upper right of the Fitbit web app.

If you don't have an organization, use your name.

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I'm making a fitbit app for the first time 🙂 I'm experienced with python and javascript and will probably be developing in conjunction with an android environment

When I try and start the process the registration of application process requires website and other information (organizational website) information. I don't have that yet, do I need to do that before I proceed with experimenting with the fitbit API?

Advice would be appreciated,

-ak2501

Best Answer
0 Votes

@astralkitty2501 I merged your post into another thread where @JeremiahFitbit answered that question for someone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, do you know how to change the forum avatar picture?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@astralkitty2501 I though came from your main Fitbit profile, but I see you have a picture set there...

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about the 'Callback URL'? Can I put some fake url here and change it later too? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shushi2000 wrote:

What about the 'Callback URL'? Can I put some fake url here and change it later too? Thanks!

You'll need a valid Callback / Redirect URL in order to complete the OAuth 2.0 authorization flow. It could be a custom URL scheme that redirects back to your app (example).

Best Answer

Continuing with this thread, I'm an individual developer trying to create a clock face that needs access to the intra-day data to implement a display of the reminders to move information.  I've got everything working except the reminders to move.

Since I'm an individual I don't have a website so I can use the profile links suggested above.  But what is the simplest way to handle the Callback URL?  I can register a domain easily enough but what do I have to implement on the server for this to work?

Also, I found the intra-day hourly counters but I don't see where I can find the Reminders to Move configuration information (e.g. start and end hours).  Any hints?

Thanks!

John

Best Answer