Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often does the Fitbit app sync with server

ANSWERED

From this help topic, I got to know that a computer linked to a Fitbit tracker syncs with the server every 15 minutes

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-get-data-from-my-tracker-to-the-website#...

My question is: Suppose the tracker is linked with an iOS or Android App, how often is the data from the mobile device synched to the server?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If background sync is enabled on android or OS the tracker should be syncing roughly every 15 minutes.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If background sync is enabled on android or OS the tracker should be syncing roughly every 15 minutes.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot, Ivan. That helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

For iOS, does this rely on background app refresh being on? 

I'm noticing that the syncing frequency for my Fitbit HR is very irregular. Occasionally when I check it'll show synced a few minutes ago (I checked multiple times in an hour, every time showed synced a few minutes ago). Other times it'll show synced after 1-2 hours.

Seems the all day sync with iOS is not very reliable? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Ivan

Acording to my test with android fitbit app version 2.19 on Samsung Galaxy GT-I9505 KitKat 4.4.2 and FitBit 2.20.1 on Galaxy s5 Android Os. 5.1

Data hasn't been sync on FitBit Server within 5 hours white the FitBit app runs on background. Do you think FitBit sync data on background every 15 minutes or it just sync the data when app goes foreground for android

Could you give more advice I can share with my customer.

Thanks in advence.

Best Answer