Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to start a private project?

ANSWERED

I just want to access and evaluate my own personal data and learn more about using web APIs. I will be the only user of any software I am going to write.

The registration process on https://dev.fitbit.com/apps does not seem to appy to my use case since I neither have a website nor an organization, let alone a Terms Of Service Url.

I just want to access my own personal tracker data using a simple python program.

How do I apply for that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Ulisulis 

You can use the same process for retrieving your own personal data through the Web APIs.   For the fields that don't seem to apply for your personal application, you may fill in dummy values to complete the registration.   Make certain to select the application type = "personal".   If you decide to share the application so you can collect other people's data, then you must correct the relevant values which provide a terms of service and privacy policy.  Those URLs are presented to the user during consent and they need to know how their Fitbit data is going to be used.

Best,

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Ulisulis 

You can use the same process for retrieving your own personal data through the Web APIs.   For the fields that don't seem to apply for your personal application, you may fill in dummy values to complete the registration.   Make certain to select the application type = "personal".   If you decide to share the application so you can collect other people's data, then you must correct the relevant values which provide a terms of service and privacy policy.  Those URLs are presented to the user during consent and they need to know how their Fitbit data is going to be used.

Best,

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer