Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid app with huge wearable device

I want to build an hybrid application to track real-time heath data status of my company employee ( around 2000 peoples ). I want to ask you some question hope i can have the explanation from here.
Please explain for me some following questions:
Quesion 1:
- Which wearable is the best choice will help me to track the environment temperature ,employee temperature, heart rate, humidity and GPS?
Question 2:
- Which wearable i can access directly and get data of it to my cloud?
Question 3:
- I have read many post about your company product and i see its not supported to access directly. Instead of that i can only get the data for cloud and with each person it limit 150 calls per hour, is it right? How can i get the data real time because with one request API i just can access 1 scope? Can I request to increase the limit?
Question 4:
- Let confirm the process and: wearable tracker will sync with phone had fitbit app via BLE and then data will sync to fitbit cloud and then i can get it to my cloud?
+ Can I only use BLE to sync data with the phone? (Question 4.1)
+ What is the maximum distance to sync with the phone? And is it real-time sync? (Question 4.2)
+ How often the data sync from phone to fitbit cloud? (Question 4.3)

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It´s nice to see new faces around @Roy147. At this time I´m unable to respond all of your questions.

The Web API does not support real-time data access. We do not increase the rate limit of 150 Web API calls per user per hour. Instead, we recommend using the Subscriptions API which will notify your application when new data is available. At that point, you can make the appropriate Web API call to get the updated datasets.

Thank you for visiting the forums! Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Roy147, I am also interested to get the data to my cloud, at the end Did you find any wearable (any brand) that supported your project to track in "real time" the data status?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BorisSiza  and @Roy147 ,

Have you checked out the Device SDK?  The Device SDK allows you to create applications that run on the Fitbit Smart Watches (Ionic and Versa family).  It'll give you near real time data.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes