Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intraday steps request gives incomplete results when using 1min interval filter

Hi 

I am building an android app of type 'Personal' where I'm trying to view Intraday steps and Heart rate values . For steps, my endpoint url is : 

"user/-/activities/steps/date/"+search_date+"/1d/1min.json"

This however returns only values from 12 am to 2 am and appears to be broken/incomplete. I'm pasting a snippet of my result here for reference :

{"activities-steps":[{"dateTime":"2018-09-26","value":"3034"}],"activities-steps-intraday":{"dataset":[{"time":"00:00:00","value":0},{"time":"00:01:00","value":0} ......<skipping > ..... 

{"time":"02:06:00","value":0},{"time":"02:07:00","value":0},{"time":"02:08:00","value":0},{"time":"02:09:00","value":0},{"time":"02:     <- this is what i mean by incomplete result  

However, when I view the values with a 15min interval filter it seems to fetch the whole result. 

I am not sure if the result is too big for my JSON object to hold. My JSON object : 

private JSONObject  apiValueHeart;
apiValueHeart = makeApiRequest("user/-/activities/steps/date/"+search_date+"/1d/1min.json");

Any help here is appreciated. Thanks ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Replying on this thread since I did not get any responses. I am still having the issue I had reported and any help to fix this will be appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @shrram

Have you tried querying your data through the Web API Explorer tool to see if you get all of your data back?  This would let you know if you're running out of memory in your application.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes