Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Investigating "SSLHandshakeException" endpoint issue

I've been working on an app in a PHP environment and so far I've been able to make requests and establish subscriptions through that, but I'm not receiving anything from these subscriptions. The only cryptic error in the endpoint details is "SSLHandshakeException".

I checked for TLSv1 support with:

openssl s_client -connect example.ca:443 -tls1

and it appears to work fine. I don't see any handshake exceptions or errors. Anything in specific I might be missing in it? I'd seen another fellow in here that was using a certificate from Starcom that was apparently not supported; is Digiserve fine?

Any way to derive more error info? I'm not sure what to adjust.

PS. In the offchance that I'm simply not sending back the right reply, I'm in a PHP environment and using "http_response_code(204);" on the first line. Is this sufficient?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

UPDATE: The endpoint works if I point to a site of ours that is not using HTTPS or a certificate, and using SSL Server Test I see that out HTTPS site uses TLSv1 w/ SNI, which I understand is not supported currently with FitBit's servers.

Disabling SNI doesn't seem to be possible or practical with our current server so I'll create another solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes