Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to import nutrition data?

Hi, 
I'm a cookbook editor and we're working on a healthy cookbook. I'd like to make it easy for people to record what they're eating in their Fitbit logs -- recipes can be tricky otherwise. We're looking at using digital watermarks that readers can scan to upload the nutrition facts. Does Fitbit allow the import of 3rd party nutrition data, and can it be imported electronically - maybe it automatically fills out the fields that we already fill in manually? I'm not a software or web developer, btw (I don't speak the jargon), but I can definitely pass on info to the ones I'm working with. 

Thanks in advance, 

Shaun

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @schavis

It is possible to load nutrition information.  Here's the link to our Web API docs on the Foods API.  We do have an extensive database which you can search for available foods.  If the information you find is not adequate, you can log a private food and it's nutritional information.  Here is the approach we take to logging food/nutritional information.  Since you're working on a cookbook, it is possible to combine ingredients to create a "meal".  The documentation for creating a meal is found here.

If your team needs more help on this topic, have them post messages to the Web API Development forums.  I or someone from Fitbit will follow-up with them.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes