Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to send fitbit data to my 3rd party app without using a server?

I think the Campus api can do that, but if you look closely, it doesn't seem like it, so I ask for help.

If yes, please tell me how to do it 

my device versa2 / s8+

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @8022,

Depending on how your architecture is built, there are two ways to authorize your application and make API requests.

When registering your application, you can select the appropriate “OAuth 2.0 Application Type” that fits your application's architecture:

• Server” applications usually have a server component to the architecture. They support server-side authentication and the application and server communicate via a web service.
  • Client” applications usually do not have a server component to the architecture. These applications allow for client-side authentication.
  • Personal” applications can be created using a client or server architecture. These applications automatically provide access to the intraday time series data (such as Activity or Heart Rate) for the application owner’s data only.

Additionally, can you tell me if your application will run on a web browser? Or a desktop/mobile device without a web service (server-to-server component)? 

Hope to hear from you soon. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes