Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting Oauth secret token and key after user authorization

Hello

I am working on an application on android. I have used io.outh for authentication activity redirects the user to fitbit page where Fitbit asks user to authorize the app.After the user successfully approves the app.It shows a pin of 32 characters and didn't return to my android application. Due to this I am not able to get secret key and access token. What should I do please guide me. And is there any tool through which I can generate signature directly.

Kindly guide me further.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

At dev.fitbit.com, change your application from a Desktop app to a Browser app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion. I did change my application type to browser but now it sends that the connection to server was unsuccessful and all other parameters as null after user allow my application. Kindly guide me further.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@coolboy wrote:

Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion. I did change my application type to browser but now it sends that the connection to server was unsuccessful and all other parameters as null after user allow my application. Kindly guide me further.

Can you provide more information, including the raw HTTP request that your application is making once it gets the OAuth verifier?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sir i am using io.oauth api as described by fitbit.

Here is the code.

OAuth oauth=new OAuth(this);

//Initialising oauth object with public key provided by io.oauth
        oauth.initialize("LMRSCl8-yjRii9bD3FWy1dLAGvs");

//Calling fibit api for user authorisation takes me to fitbit page where user allow the application.
       oauth.popup("fitbit",new OAuthCallback() {
      @Override
            public void onFinished(OAuthData arg0) {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
          //Setting up the text view with returned value it shows connection to server was unsuccessful.
            tv.setText(arg0.secret+" "+arg0.error+" "+arg0.status+" "+arg0.expires_in+" "+arg0.provider+" "+arg0.state+" ");
            }
        });

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with OAuth.io. You will be better served contacting their support.

Best Answer
0 Votes