Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice of deletion of the Fitbit user account

ANSWERED

I started receiving automated emails from api@fibit.com with the subject = Notice of deletion of the Fitbit user account. The body says "Please be aware that the Fitbit user 1234XYZ has deleted their account with us." We get this email every time a user deletes their fitbit account. How can I stop the emails?

We currently subscribe to webhooks/subscriptions that fitbit sends and do not need the emails. They end up flooding our inboxes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My apologies if you are receiving a large number of email notifications.  This functionality was announced prior to the release as our changes to support the European Data Protection laws.  We've documented the functionality in the Subscriptions API chapter.  At this time, it is not possible to disable this functionality and are tracking developers requests to change this behavior.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

My apologies if you are receiving a large number of email notifications.  This functionality was announced prior to the release as our changes to support the European Data Protection laws.  We've documented the functionality in the Subscriptions API chapter.  At this time, it is not possible to disable this functionality and are tracking developers requests to change this behavior.

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer

Has there been any updates in the meantime? I would also like to disable those mails.

Best Answer

@tipako ...The email functionality has not changed.   See https://dev.fitbit.com/build/reference/web-api/developer-guide/using-subscriptions/#Notification-of-...

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes