Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can you sort out the authorisation login for 3rd party apps

I Hi 

I understand that fitbit is planning an AppStore however if they want to succeed they need to sort out the process where uses authorise the app permission. 

I iust did aome conversion analysis on a friends app and a whopping 83% of users who go through the app permission flow don't complete it.   It's frankly scandalous how low this is  and it means that being a developer is pretty much wasking time to integrate Fitbit. The biggest shame is  how easily it could be fixed. 

Currently it's a bit a shambles , it almost seems like fitbit don't want the user to login. 

Eg . If you try sign in, the user Is not given the option to sign with Facebook or google unlike then main sign in flow. 

-If they want to reset their password, it's even more frustrating.  THey  are taken to a page that is not  optimised for mobile and have to battle against a page that has also blocked zoom . 

If they then go back to home page ans choose sign in   with gogle they are prompted  to then sign in with their email account which doesn't have a forgotten password link. 

This is all whilat the user has the app installed on their phone and they could easily do the aurhorization  using a deep link and completely avoid having to even sign in . 

As a Fitbit fanatic and an iOS developer - I really hope they fix this to make investing time in Fitbit apps actually pays off

Best Answer
0 REPLIES 0