Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing for API's

ANSWERED

I am planning on developing an app and would really like it to stream some of FitBit's API's.  Have 2 questions....does FitBit charge by the click or by the month to access data and what the pricing is.   The app would be used on a national scale and the website has not been developed yet so I can't fill out the application as that is one of the requirements.  I'm just sticking my toes in the water to see if it is feasible.  

Any information will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

LeeG3

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@LeeG3 wrote:

I am planning on developing an app and would really like it to stream some of FitBit's API

Fitbit with a lowercase 'b' 🙂

@LeeG3 wrote:

does FitBit charge by the click or by the month to access data and what the pricing is.

There is no fee to use the Fitbit API. You must agree to the Terms of Service and adhere to the rate limit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@LeeG3 To the best of my knowledge Fitbit doesn't charge anything for access to the APIs. In the end it isn't you access the APIs it is your customers, who are also Fitbits customers accessing their own data.

I would be really disappointed if Fitbit charge me to get at my own data, even if it is through a third party app.

Best Answer
Thanks Michael.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeeG3 wrote:

I am planning on developing an app and would really like it to stream some of FitBit's API

Fitbit with a lowercase 'b' 🙂

@LeeG3 wrote:

does FitBit charge by the click or by the month to access data and what the pricing is.

There is no fee to use the Fitbit API. You must agree to the Terms of Service and adhere to the rate limit.

Best Answer