Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regional or country-wide fitbit data

ANSWERED

Hi fitbit community, does anybody know if there's a way to get annonymous regional or country-wide averages on typical measures like average steps per day, sleep time, etc?  I tried searching on Google and looking at the Web Api documentation but didn't have any luck on my own. Thanks for your comments in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you want to access Fitbit user data, you will need to obtain consent from Fitbit users. Fitbit does not sell aggregated, anonymized data.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

That information is available as part of the premium package, so it does exist.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you want to access Fitbit user data, you will need to obtain consent from Fitbit users. Fitbit does not sell aggregated, anonymized data.

Best Answer

What is the lowest regional unit of data that I can get using Fitbit? Ie by country, by county, by area, by postcode?

I'm looking to use the data to find:

# of hours sleep in $postcode

Average Blood Pressure in $postcode

$Total hours run by fitbit users in $postcode for $lastmonth

$Total distance by fitbit users in $postcode for $lastmonth 

I'm really looking to see if Fitbit can give me information on data by local area

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WarrenDaCosta: Fitbit users own their data. Fitbit does not license or sell user data. However, you can create an app and request data from individual Fitbit users after obtaining their consent. Then you could aggregate the data yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes