Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep status feature?

ANSWERED

Hello,

I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a way to check and see whether or not a user was sleeping within the last sync cycle.  From what I've read, the sleep logs only upload after waking up, and the partner support API doesn't offer intraminute data for sleeping info.  My goal is to have a "smart alarm" that is only set if someone is still sleeping until XX:XX - so for example, if I'm still asleep at 6:59am, have a silent alarm that was set for 7:00am. But if I'm awake at 6:55am, have the alarm turn off automatically so it doesn't bother me.

Also, does a fitbit (charge or flex) sync while in sleep mode? Is there a way to force it to do so?

Thanks

trashkanman

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is not possible. We don't have an endpoint that exposes such type of information. We dont have any plans yet to support such functionality in future.

Fitbit trackers do sync while user is sleeping if there is a bluetooth device/dongle throught what is can sync.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It is not possible. We don't have an endpoint that exposes such type of information. We dont have any plans yet to support such functionality in future.

Fitbit trackers do sync while user is sleeping if there is a bluetooth device/dongle throught what is can sync.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking for this functionality as well where the sleep logs can be obtained in the middle of the sleep instead of only after waking up. Can you please include this in the future API.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@noobtiger: We do not have plans for this yet, but we appreciate the feature request and will consider it in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much, I just want Fitbit to consider this feature as this might open up the platform for new possibilities. I have one idea and smart alarm posted in the forum is another app which could use this new API changes.

Best Answer
0 Votes