Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Syncing Question]

ANSWERED

Hi there,

I'm thinking about develop a fitness app for device Charge 2, but i would like to know if it's possible to get the data of the device directly by Bluetooth, without the need to go make a request to your servers to get the same info.
The end result it would be: User's go for a run -> open my app -> sync information from device to my app -> see the information on the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The user can set the app to all day sync, it will then try to sync once an hour. No need to open the app, but the user wont know if a sync has happened.

Alll syncing needs to hapoen through Fitbit Software.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Flavio_Lima, the short answer is no. The data from the tracker is encrypted. A sync of a tracker simply takes the data from the tracker and puts it on to the server.

The end result sync the data,  the server processes the data,  calculates any sleep or auto detected activity, processes any manual started activity. Then the Fitbit app retrieves the data from the Fitbit server.

I've also moved your post to the API Forum for this is where you will find the help needed.

Best Answer

Thanks for the anwser and moving my question to the right place 🙂

I have another question.
For the device to send the information to the servers does it have to pass first by the app ?
it's possible to sync the data from charge 2 device directlly to server without having to open or have the fitbit app installed ?

My problem is that i don't whant the end user to have to open fitbit app to sync data and then have go to my app to see the data that he just sync.

Is there any solution ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The user can set the app to all day sync, it will then try to sync once an hour. No need to open the app, but the user wont know if a sync has happened.

Alll syncing needs to hapoen through Fitbit Software.

Best Answer