Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The news of my Fitbit account being transferred to my Google account

I have a question about the news of my Fitbit account being transferred to my Google account.

Question 1:
I understand that a Google account will be required for new Fitbit users in the summer of 2023. What impact will this have on those of us who provide services using FitbitWebAPI and OAuth2?
Please let us know if there is anything we, as service providers, need to do.
Will FitbitWebAPI and OAuth2 be available to new Fitbit users?

Question 2:
You mentioned that new Fitbit users will need a Google account to use Fitbit in the summer of 2023, but does that mean that FitbitWebAPI and OAuth2 will be available to users who already have a Fitbit account until 2025?
Do we, the service providers, need to respond to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @pon_12 

Here are the answers to your questions

1. What we have been told, there should be no impacted to the developer community with the migration to Google accounts.   The authorization flow and endpoints will work the same with existing Fitbit accounts, migrated Fitbit-to-Google accounts and new Google accounts.
  2. As stated above, there should be no impact to existing Fitbit users or new Fitbit users with a Google account.  Everything should work the same.  I believe some partners are sending a response to their participants.   If you do send a response, I would recommend referencing any official publication sent by Fitbit.

If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

I transferred my account to my email address as requested. How can I transfer my stats from yahoo account to google account?

Best Answer
0 Votes