Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify cause of errors

ANSWERED

Hey Fitbit,

We're seeing issues in production with Fitbit and are unable to really tell what the error is behind the scenes.

Would you folks be able to help us decipher what these errors might mean?

An error occurred with the Fitbit Web API while processing the request. Error id: 0242cdfffec77d6d-00148f04-0e97c117-392a8771f80605f5-ba0fcb8d-7
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

disregard... I removed the Inspire 2 and reconnected, now my changes are saved to the device

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

An aside: the endpoint we are hitting is https://api.fitbit.com/1/user/-/activities.json

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @brandon.pton,

We identified an issue yesterday that caused our API to return 5xx errors, and was quickly resolved. Please retry your requests and you should receive a response.

Let me know if you are still seeing errors and I'll be happy to take another look.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JohnFitbit ,

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, we're still seeing errors:

FitbitHTTPServerError: An error occurred with the Fitbit Web API while processing the request. Error id: 0242ddfffe807de5-0010db3a-0132eed1-9b58a730fa9e2aba-2cc11ade-14
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @brandon.pton 

I'm not aware of any problems with our site right now.   Would you please send me your client ID?   I'll our logs to see if there is a problem specific with your application.

Thanks!

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @GordonFitbit:

We have two IDs: 

227TGP

22CR6S

Hope you folks have a great weekend and enjoy your cold non-East coast weather!

-Brandon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @brandon.pton 

Ha!   Well...I'll experience some of the East coast weather this weekend.   I love New England but don't envy the snow.

Thank you for sending over the client IDs.  Here is some information on what I see in our logs for these applications

1. Client ID 227TGP - I do see a bunch of 500 errors on 2020-01-30 ~01:00 UTC.  We did experience an issue with some of our servers about that time and posted an update on https://www.fitbitstatus.com/.  I believe the errors your application received are related to this issue.  If you have not subscribed to Fitbit Status, you can on the web page in the upper right-hand corner of the page.  
  2. Client ID 227TGP - you're receiving a bunch of 403 Forbidden errors when logging new activities.  This typically means the user did not grant your application consent to share the activity data, or your application is defined as read only, and you're trying to write data.  When the user authorizes to share their data with your application, you should receive the scopes they authorize.  If you store this information, your application will know what API calls they can execute, possibly optimizing its operations and addressing some additional noise.  
Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

hey, so these are the errors i get, when trying to change workout shortcuts. Been trying for last two hours, and when i press “save” keeps giving me different 0242 errors each time. When i try to change them through app - it says it syncs but nothing changes on the watch when trying through website - 0243 errors pops up.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry i mean 0242

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi @Kinsella 

Are you getting the 0242 error when trying to change the shortcuts in the Fitbit device?

Best,

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also getting the 0242 errors when trying to change the exercise shortcuts on the Inspire 2. This occurs both in the Fitbit app on my iPhone as well as using the desktop version on my laptop. The phone app will allow me to change shortcuts but then reverts back to the previous settings on syncing. The desktop version gives me the 0242 Fitbit Web API errors and also reverts back when the Inspire is synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

disregard... I removed the Inspire 2 and reconnected, now my changes are saved to the device

Best Answer
0 Votes