Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using data from the Web API to modify Android settings (with Tasker) during Connected GPS activity?

I'm trying to find a way of using Tasker to modify Android settings when I start (and, conversely, stop) a Connected GPS activity on my Charge 2 (specifically, to disable Wifi and to ensure that the Fitbit app isn't flagged for Battery Optimisation - these steps seemingly improve the otherwise somewhat shonky reliability of the BLE connection between the Charge 2 and the Fitbit app / my device). 

I'm a newcomer to extracting data pulled from an API but have managed to get the Fitbit API set up with the Tasker AutoWeb plugin. I'm lost though when it comes to working out what variable I'm asking Tasker to act upon. I'd assume that when the Charge 2 makes a 'Connected GPS' connection with the device there will be a visible setting change somewhere (beyond the global "Bluetooth device connected" or "Bluetooth on") but without any kind of proficency in this area I'm stumbling in the dark. 

Any guidance greatly appreciated, and apologies too if I'm posting in the wrong forum...

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0