Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable "FitBit_worn"

ANSWERED

Hi guys,

I really need to know how long the FitBit was worn during the day, cause I want to calculate means over different period of times.

Is there a variable that tells me when the band is worn? It would also be okay to have a daily sum (like percentage_band_worn) .

Do you have any ideas where to find that or how to calculate it from the data given?

Thanks in advance!

Toby

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If your fitbit includes heart-rate monitoring and you can download your intra-day heart-rate data, you'll find gaps in the data when there was no heart rate signal. This can be because the fitbit wasn't being worn, was turned off, heart-rate monitoring was off, or the watch wasn't being worn properly. The latter case happens to me fairly often and can result in voids of a minute or more, so you need to look for gaps longer than that.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

If your fitbit includes heart-rate monitoring and you can download your intra-day heart-rate data, you'll find gaps in the data when there was no heart rate signal. This can be because the fitbit wasn't being worn, was turned off, heart-rate monitoring was off, or the watch wasn't being worn properly. The latter case happens to me fairly often and can result in voids of a minute or more, so you need to look for gaps longer than that.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer