Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What error will be returned when user trying to login but the registered email is no verified yet?

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way to know whether user' email is verified or not.

I am using OAuth 2.0 authorization flow for my app to collect data and found some use couldn't login when the user's email address was not verified yet. Is there any way to know from error code if user failed to login due to the unverified email? What error  is expected to be returned in the case?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @MachonglishproK  your post was moved from the iOS forum to the Web API Development forum so you can get more relevant responses.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @MachonglishproK 

The Web API does not have an endpoint which returns if a user's account is verified.  I checked the profile endpoints and do not see an element name that would give this information, either.   If the user is having trouble logging into their account prior to accepting the scopes for your application, you should ask the user to contact Fitbit support at https://help.fitbit.com for assistance.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer