Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't total elevation equals to the sum of the all values in day?

ANSWERED

im trying to find a bug i hve with my data and Fitbit's support keeps "thinking"/trying to tell me how the altimeter works Robot LOL. my problem is about the way fitbit logs the information becuase the "driving" activity ins't negating those extra floors from the total. so im just checking the api to see what can i figure out.  at this moment all what could "discover" is that exists a huge diference between the "total" value and the detailed data. but i dont know why.

example: https://paste.debian.net/905733/

if i do a sum of all the "value" fields im getting just 12.192000389099121, and the total elevation of the day is 103. why are those values so diferent?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Intraday values may not always sum to their daily value. Fitbit devices will purge intraday values in order to preserve daily values in a variety of circumstances, such as when device memory is constrained and when battery level is very low.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

this is intended to be in the developer forum, can someone move it there? pls?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @moscoquera. Your post has been moved to the API board where our developers team provide assistance to these type of inquiries.

Catch you later. Smiley Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Intraday values may not always sum to their daily value. Fitbit devices will purge intraday values in order to preserve daily values in a variety of circumstances, such as when device memory is constrained and when battery level is very low.

Best Answer

Hi.

isn't that a problem when users use the"driving" acitivity to negate steps? i mean, if all the data isn't avaible how does fitbit the "exact" amount of data to negate?. I'm asking this because i still having a problem negating a lot of extra floors fitbit record and adds to the total but no to the intraday data. I'm going to do a reset and see if this solves the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes