Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does fitbit compute oauth signature for get parameters?

ANSWERED

Hi,

I am using custom code to communicate with fitbit, using OAuth1.0 for authentication. I am able to get to the point where i can get steps A-E done and G for end points not involving parameters.

I am getting 401 error with "Invalid signature" response, on building the signature with GET parameters.

{"errors":[{"errorType":"oauth","fieldName":"oauth_signature","message":"Invalid signature: M0q/T+b+lBT8XMqhCDyloy2yR7E="}],"success":false}

I have tried to build the signature with and without the parameters in the url part.

(PS: my application does not allow me to use 3p packages)

Quick help is really appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The OAuth 1.0a signature is computed with both URL and body parameters precisely per the RFC 5849 protocol. If you cannot use a third-party library, you should examine a third-party library closest to the programming language that you are using and compare each step of the signature creation process using our OAuth 1.0a debug tool.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The OAuth 1.0a signature is computed with both URL and body parameters precisely per the RFC 5849 protocol. If you cannot use a third-party library, you should examine a third-party library closest to the programming language that you are using and compare each step of the signature creation process using our OAuth 1.0a debug tool.

Best Answer
0 Votes