Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simple discord app to compare steps

Hi all,

I'm a hobby programmer with a small Discord community of friends and family. I would like to create a very simple Discord bot that uses the Fitbit API to pull and compare step data for each of my users. I have a fair amount of experience working with API's and have my Discord bot up and running.

I note the form to register a new application asks for a website URL, organization URL etc. I don't have any of these, I'm just an independent hobby programmer who wants to incentivize my friends to take more steps!

My question to the community is, is this even possible? Will Fitbit even allow me to create an app or is there perhaps a different way to achieve what I'm after?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @vegamon007 

The Fitbit Web API is public, so everyone is allows to use them.   As long as your project does not violate the Fitbit Platform Terms of Service, you should be ok.  When registering your application, try to fill out the values as best you can.   All of the values are exposed to the user during the consent flow.   For personal projects, some these values might not be that important to your users.   However, having a terms of service and privacy policy which explains what data your application is collecting, why the data is being collected, how it is being used and information about protecting your participant's data will be important.  This information should be made available to your users.

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes