Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www.fitbit.com refused to connect

Hi, 

I am working on a cloud-to-cloud solution where we can be notified about any new activity and we can update our database. 

I successfully registered an app on FitBit website and now I am trying to change the redirect URL for several days but I cannot. Whenever I hit submit button, it starts loading and then redirects me to the blank grey page with just a single label at the center saying that: `www.fitbit.com refused to connect`. Also, several times I encountered `Error 502 Bad Gateway` error. 

Any help would be extremely appreciated as this issue blocks our integration. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I just wanted to add that I'm also having this issue when trying to update an app.  I need to change the terms of service URL but I just get "fitbit.com refused to connect".  Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JoshH2,

I contacted the support team directly and attached more details. Almost immediately, I got the following answer: 

I found out this problem was already reported and a fix is in progress.   

Best regards,

Gordon Crenshaw
Technical Account Manager
Fitbit, Inc. 

Hope, the fix will be available soon. As a work-around, I can only suggest trying to update the details of your app many times. It eventually worked for me. 

Best Answer

Hi @krml @JoshH2,

Yes there is a fix underway.

If you need an urgent fix to changing your redirect uri, the only known workaround at this time is deleting the subscriber endpoint > save changes > change redirect uri > save changes > add your subscriber again. This would mean you would have to reverify your subscriber endpoint again

I hope this helps.

Best Answer