Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get minute and second level data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All applications have access to day-level data. Minute and second-level data (intraday time series) is reserved feature.

If your application is for personal use only, you can enable this feature by following the instructions here.

For non-personal use cases, contact us to request access. Include the client id of the application you registered at https://dev.fitbit.com and tell how the data will be used. Fitbit is very supportive of non-profit research and personal projects. Commercial and widely-distributed applications require additional review and are subject to additional requirements if approved.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I emailed API Support 4 days ago about getting access to Fitbit's Partner API to get Intraday TimeSeries data, but I haven't heard back. How long does it usually take for Fitbit to get back to you about this? Are there any other steps I have to take other than email API Support for access?

Moderator edit: removed email address

Best Answer

All requests are reviewed individually. You will receive a case number when you email API Support. Respond to that email if you have further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently emailed API Support about getting Intraday Time Series data for a software project that I am working on, and I received a response saying they were interested in possibly integrating Fitbit data with our project. They told me to post to this forum to get in contact with someone from the company for more on how to get access. Is there someone I can talk to about this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should've got your case number with response.

The form on our help page is the right place to ask for partner api access.

Please provide your case number in private message to me.

Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am considering buying a FitBit Charge HR or a FitBit Surge. A requirement that is very important to me is that I can access all the data recorded to the device through your API for my own personal projects (especially the heart rate data). I found a discussion[1] which says that the intra-day heart rate and GPS data will only be available for applications in the Partner API. This is data that I absolutely want to be able to access for my personal (non-profit, only me accessing) applications.

I also found another discussion[2] which suggests that for personal applications you can access the partner API for free. I therefore have the following questions:

1) What are the exact requirements for access to the Partner API for personal Apps?
2) Is access to the Partner API free for personal applications such as mine?
3) Does the Partner APi allow access to ALL the APis offered by fitbit?

I want to know that when I purchase my charge HR/Surge I will be able to get access to all the APIs (including the intra-day APIs) so that I can make an informed choice about whether fitbit is going to work for what I want to do and I don't end up paying £119/199 for a device which won't let me access the data I need to.

Thanks in advance for your response,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also, What is the process for applying for access to the Partner API? The post at [2] says to send an email to API Support but does not say what information is needed in the email or what the process is after that email is sent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

colings86 wrote:
1) What are the exact requirements for access to the Partner API for personal Apps?

Your app must truly be for personal use. Widely distributed and/or commercial applications are reviewed and are not guaranteed access.

colings86 wrote:
2) Is access to the Partner API free for personal applications such as mine?

There is no paid access to the Fitbit API at this time.

colings86 wrote:
3) Does the Partner APi allow access to ALL the APis offered by fitbit?

The only difference between standard and partner access is access to intraday data.

@colings86 wrote:
What is the process for applying for access to the Partner API? The post at [2] says to send an email to API Support but does not say what information is needed in the email or what the process is after that email is sent.

You will be asked about your application and for your client key if approved. Providing your client key and information on how you will be using the Fitbit API in your request is encouraged.

Best Answer

Hi,

I'm a Masters Student at San Jose State and I work on Sleep research. I'm using Fitbit API in my project but I need more details on sleep. I tried contacting support, they said they will forward my request to a technical team, but I did not hear from them anytime.

Can somebody here help? I cannot post exact project details here but can write to someone privately.

Thanks,

Ceeeni

Flex | Charge HR | Surge | Windows Phone | Android | OnePlus
Best Answer
0 Votes

General customer support can't help you. Please follow the instructions in the documentation and on the forum.

Best Answer