Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Enter City Information on Weather App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone experienced not being able to enter or find any city information on the Weather app for the Windows 10 desktop app?  I don't have a smartphone and just use my PC.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my PC, but the problem still exists.  I've also tried it with my laptop and tablet, but I get the same problem.  I don't think it is my Ionic since I've exhausted all possibilities with syncing the watch--Bluetooth on/off, using Wi-fi, the GPS trick of going outside and coming back in, checking permissions, locations, etc--the watch is working just fine.  The problem seems to be the app on the computer.  I cannot uninstall and reinstall the weather app from the PC either.  The box is grayed out and just says, "Installed."  There is no option to uninstall.  I also tried unchecking box in the All Apps section, but that just opens up information on the app.   If I look at my watch, it just gives the weather for my "default location city" (which is wrong).  I know that the GPS is working OK since the exercise app is accurate. Is there a bug with the desktop app for the Weather?

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I have the exact same problem. Did you recive an answer/solution to your question?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Support.  They encountered the same problem.  I was told that the engineers are working on it.  It's a problem with the app and not the watch.  I guess we are just going to have to be patient and wait for them to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @SunsetRunner @PMona, it's nice to see you both around! Smiley Very Happy As you mentioned, the Weather app shows your current location, which cannot be deleted. Add up to 2 additional locations you want to see in the Weather app.

If the weather for your current location doesn’t appear, check that you turned on location services for the Fitbit app. This is only for iPhone, Android or Windows Phone, the option is not currently on PCs. 

iPhone:

1. First, make sure your phone can track your location when you're out of Wi-Fi range:
    1. Open iOS Settings app and tap Cellular.
    2. Make sure Cellular Data is turned on.
  2. Next, ensure that your GPS can continue tracking when your phone is locked:
    1. Open the iOS Settings app and tap General.
    2. Tap Background App Refresh, find the Fitbit app, and make sure it is turned on.
  3. Lastly, make sure your phone can identify your location:
    1. Open the iOS Settings app and tap Privacy.
    2. Tap Location Services and make sure it’s turned on.
    3. Find Fitbit in the app list and make sure it's set to While Using the App or Always
  4. If the Fitbit app doesn’t appear in the Location Services app list:
    1. From your Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile.
    2. Tap the stopwatch icon (User-added image) in the top-right corner.
    3. When the window pops up asking for access to your location, tap the Allow button.
    4. Return to step 3 to make sure your phone can identify your location.

Android, Windows Phone:

1. Make sure your phone can track your activity when you're out of Wi-Fi range. This is usually achieved by making sure Cellular Data is turned on.
  2. Make sure GPS can continue tracking while your phone is locked.
  3. Make sure your phone can identify your location.This is usually achieved by enabling Location Services within your privacy settings.

If you change locations, sync your watch to see your new location in the Weather app. Smiley Very Happy

Let me know if there's something else I can assist you with! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marre.  Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have a smartphone and only use a PC, so the solutions that you offered won't solve my issues.

I spent nearly an hour with Support the other day.  They confirmed that the app for the PC has a problem and that they were working on a solution.  I'm going to have to wait for either a firmware update or a fix for the Weather app for Windows 10.  My Ionic is not part of the problem, and no mobile phone solution is going to help me (and other PC users) at this point.  

I hope that the engineers can get this resolved soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using a Lumia 950 running Windows 10 (phone).
I was able to delete "current location" and add "London" but when trying to add another city the app crashes.
Location service on my phone is enabled and the Fitbit app has permission to use the data.

On my Ionic the weather app continues to display "No location information. Go to the Fitbit app to set up weather".

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather worked fine up until yesterday, but no longer works. 

It see my location fine, but no weather info and input my city, but will not search for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The settings cog icon is no longer showing on the Weather app on my phone. I'm presuming they've pushed out an update removing it for now.

Best Answer