Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choice of exercise on my Fitbit Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently replaced my Fitbit HR with a new Ionic. I went to my local YMCA to ride the stationary bike and found that there is not a stationary bike selection. While it does have "spinning", stationary bike is not an option.

1. Can this be added to my selections?

2. If it can not be added is there a possibility that it can be added by the programmers?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Is there a specific reason why you don't want (or rather should not be done) to log it as spinning? I thought a spinning bike simulates a typical race bike.

Best Answer

My settings shows the following exercises:

Run
Bike
Swim
Treadmill
Weights
Interval Workout
Workout
Elliptical
Hike
Golf
Stairclimber
Tennis
Walk
Spinning
Yoga
Bootcamp
Circuit Training
Kickboxing
Martial Arts
Pilates

1- It can't, since there is no stationary bike exercise.

2- It is possible that someone can develop an app to track the stationary bike, though I doubt it will be fitbit the one doing it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just use spinning. To me,  there is no difference between spinning or stationary bike

Best Answer

Use spinning. The difference between spinning and stationary bike? Spinning® is a registered trademark of Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc. Maybe Fitbit got permission to use the term Spinning®, however I think Fitbit should change the name to the more generic Stationary Bike.

When my gym replaced Spinning® bikes with Stages Stationary Bikes (much better bikes!!), they  changed the name of the class from Spinning to Cycling for legal reasons.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are so many more options to choose from (not sure if what you want is there) you click on your activity, then click on categorise, the type the name. Sometimes I’m surprised by the choices. Once I looked through the whole alphabet. There is even gardening! I do this to add jumping rope, and dancing. Unfortunately you can’t type your own option. I’d like an option for Bodyboss and for doing a gig! 

Best Answer
0 Votes